Located just East/Southeast of Columbus, Ohio, Fairfield County is full of adventures waiting to happen. Whether you enjoy the outdoors, good eats or strolling through a museum, Fairfield County is sure to have something that interest you.
1. Tour the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum: Tucked away right on the edge of Pickerington/Reynoldsburg, this museum is packed with historic bikes and stories. Visit the Hall of Fame any day of the week from 8:30 – 5 p.m., minus a few holidays.
2. Walk through Rock Mill Historic Covered Bridge: Built in 1901, this covered bridge is still standing in it’s original location in Lancaster, Ohio.
3. Explore the Fairfield County Fairgrounds: Whether it’s October and the county fair is in full-swing or it’s another time of the year, the Fairfield County Fairgrounds is a great place to admire the centuries-old buildings located there.
4. Eat at Shade’s on the Canal: One of my favorite local joints, located in Canal Winchester, Ohio, Shade’s is the perfect place to kick back, grab a drink with friends and enjoy some awesome boneless wings. Don’t forget to get the phenomenal cookie/ice cream dessert at the end.
5. Hike to the top of Mt. Pleasant: Located in Lancaster, Ohio, park your vehicle at Rising Park and take the path up to the top of the “mountain” and take in the gorgeous view overlooking the Fairfield County Fairgrounds and city of Lancaster. The most beautiful time to go is in the fall.